- Food +/or drink should not be consumed near your Chromebook.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted or removed carefully to avoid damaging the Chromebook’s ports.
- Never transport your Chromebook with the power cord plugged in.
- Chromebook screens can be easily damaged. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface. Use the stylus or your finger.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks).
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth. Chemical solvents, such as Clorox wipes, can damage the Chromebook screen.
Storing your Chromebook
- Chromebooks should be powered OFF before storing to preserve battery life and internal hardware.
- If you have a Chromebook over the summer, please charge it occasionally. The battery will drain even when the device is powered off. Once the battery drains below 10% it will no longer work. There is a cost associated with battery replacement.
- Nothing should be placed on top of the Chromebook when stored.
- Chromebooks should not be stored in a vehicle at school or at home for security and temperature control measures.
- Student Chromebooks are managed and are the property of Greene County Public Schools.
- For security purposes, Internet filtering is functioning at school and at home.
- Some legitimate sites may be blocked because they appear uncategorized in the system. You can request a site to be unblocked, and upon review, we can open it up for you.
- Are you sure you lost it? Look everywhere.
- You will be charged for a replacement Chromebook if yours is not found.
- If you suspect that your Chromebook has been stolen a parent/guardian will need to file a police report and notify the school as soon as possible.
- Once the police report has been filed, a copy will need to be provided to the school.
- When the school receives a copy of the police report a replacement Chromebook