Career & Technical Student Organizations
CTSOs enhance Career and Technical Education in Virginia through the co-curricular network of programs, business and community partnerships and leadership experiences at the school, state, and national levels. Virginia students enrolled in career and technical education courses are members of the local CTSO related to their courses and area of interest and are provided with opportunities to apply academic, technical and employability knowledge and skills necessary in today’s work force.
Greene County Career & Technical Education offers the following student organizations:
Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.
Prepares students for leadership and careers in business through business-related education and entrepreneurial skill development, community service and partnerships with the professional sector.
Provides opportunities for students to prepare for multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader as they develop skills for life through Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
Makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education that reflects a diversity of careers in the food, fiber,
and natural resources industries.
Promotes career opportunities in the healthcare industry to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people.
A partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure Virginia and America has a skilled work force
Benefits of CTSO’s include:
- Provides a hand-on approach to learning
- Refines career objectives through realistic experiences
- Promotes awareness of new career opportunities
- Develops skills and responsibilities for being a role model and mentor
- Cultivates social development and awareness
- Develops a sense of community and volunteerism
- Develops an appreciation and understanding for cultural diversity
- Improves communication and decision making skills
- Provides for personal development
- Develops interpersonal and leadership skills
- Develops responsibility and self-confidence
- Provides opportunities for recognition